Whats wrong with my plants ? :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong with my plants ? :)

hey guys im new to growing , new to this site , i might learn something so please help meee

Welcome sloby

Sure does look like your pH is fluctuating, would be my guess, meaning different pH levels when you have been feeding/watering. Your soil looks good from here, not sure what you have in your soil medium for pH adjustment, adding a~tad of dolomite lime, or oyster shell to your soil, might stabilize your pH, moving forward.

Most liquid plant food nutrients automaticly adjust your pH for you, if your using them. For soil you'll want to keep your pH as close to 5.9~6.1 as possible. At that pH, I have been successful with my plants, other growers may very a few pH levels higher.

What are you using for nutrients?? How much? Are you checking your pH everytime you feed/water??

Comment

Hey , thanks for welcome , i use ATAMI killomix as soil , only using a rooting nutrient , i use tap water but the ph is all the time controlled its 5.5-6.2 , its this fluctuation a problem ? and the nutrient its R-3 for rooting :P for the little one and for the bigger ones i used also Hypro Terra + R-3 , ph controlled all the time and EC

Comment

Hi there sloby have you checked the plants for thrips check under leaves with a magnifying glass little buggers can be hard to spot. I am not 100% sure its thrips but its always worth checking.

Comment

well , yes , you are right , there is something under the leaves , some little little black dots , a friend told me theyre red spyders but now u tell me its thrips or its the same thing ? how do i get rid of them ? thanks alot

Comment

i also saw now some flyes in the tent , i use a darkroom 2 so i opened it to check them out and i saw 2-3 flyes over there , long like mosquitoes , i dont know what they are , im living in barcelona , here is high humidity and all this kind of guys , red spiders , flyes , worms , everything , could u give me some CHEAP tips with homemade products ? mostly bio ? i want to make them mother plants so i would be graterfull to anyone who helps me :P

Comment

Thrips and spider mites are two totally different pests. Thrips do fly and jump so i am guessing you have thrips and not spider mites you would normally see like spider webbing on your plants with the mites. I do not know of a homemade remedy for thrips. I would use a organic spray that contains spinosad affective against thirps and spider mites.

Comment

well i looked under the leaves .. thats why im telling you i have spiders also

Comment

Ok spider mites can build up a immunity to sprays and from what i have read can be a pain in the butt to get rid of. So i guess your idea of keeping the plants as mothers is now a big no no. I would still try the spinosad and grow the plants out if you can control them. You can also introduce ladybirds to eat the mites and control them that way.
                  I suggest after you finish your grow to thoroughly clean your tent.
                  The most important thing is how did you pick up the infestation in the first place as you do not want a repeat of it.

Comment

thats what im asking myself too , i know they dont like humidity and here in barcelona is a ... big humidity sometimes reaches 80% just like that , outside , and now its pretty cold , i heard there its no cure at all for them , i grew some plants in the window , didnt had a tent back then and now i moved them in the tent but seems like i still have them here too ... i dont know , im going to try a hot chilly's soap soluton i found on the internet , i`ll try to drop out the temperature there and make a bigger humidity all the time , maybe theyre going to die eventually , spray popular name its muerte caliente ) i can post the recipe if you want

Comment

Hi Sloby, there are a number of bio remedies for pests. The simplest thing is just plain old Dawn Dish soap mixed in a spray bottle. Couple of milliliter's per liter should do the trick, not looking for a soapy mix, just turn the bottle of water the color of your Dawn brand dish soap... Spray liberally on the leaves, make a point of spraying UP under the leaves, where all the bastards are living and breeding! After you treat this way, rinse with straight water.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6m9xzhphLs

Another organic spray is Neem Oil, you may be able to find that in a local farm supply store, or mail order online.

Next comes mail order Lady Bugs, not sure where you would source those in Spain, but I am sure Google can find an answer for you. Or look for Praying Mantis's. Both of these are 'carnivorous' bugs and will eat pests. I like the lady bugs as they will automatically die off when there is no more food supply for them...

Comment

Working...
                      X