powdery mildew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powdery mildew

Well, I've been concerned about the humidity of late and did a quick check today and have the first signs of powdery mildew on pretty much all the girls. Now, the weather is supposed to go towards the 80's this weekend so - can I mist these girls with an anti-bacterial soap/ water mix???? I've been told there is no cure, is this true?? Anybody ever deal with this? - slo-han

Hey Slo, it's Mega, there are several methods of slowing it down, but very hard to get rid of once it takes hold? The weather you describe sounds like the steamy south as I am experienced with this weather as of late. I have had some powdery mildew as well. I am so close to harvest now and am very careful about what I use to fix anything! A mixture of water and milk works ok without using anything that will leave and unpleasant aftertaste.i have heard of others using neem to encapsulate the mildew spots so they cannot send spores out. It will also kill mites by smothering them, but again I would only use this one while in veg. I am presently using the water and milk method and have held the powdery mildew to almost not having it. I don't spray a bud unless I have to. I use it on foliage mostly. For next grow I would get myself a bottle that fungeside( spelling ) that Ed Rosenthal has out. I am sure others are available at a organic nursery! Good luck my friend, it is a pain in the ass! Mega

Comment

Yeppers, I spent most of yesterday picking off leaves. It will be real difficult to not spray any buds as the plants are covered in buds - I'm that close, like maybe a week on some. What mix would you use on this milk thang? Thanks for the advice - slo

Comment

Working...
      X