Curly leaves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curly leaves

The leaves on 1 type of my plants are growing curly. See pic. They are in a garden. I have 3 kinds and only the Sweet God are growing this way.

More pics of curly leaves. I think it is just the kind, but they are also behind the others and were the best 2 months ago. We are having a very dry summer. I water as much as possible, but there has not been a good rain for 6 weeks.

Comment

kmh!

Just wondering have you done any topping, femming, or pinching to the Sweet God plant in those places at all??? If not does the location where you keep that plant, could ever have had any birds or animals that might have had a bite, nibble or peck at them happen??

Personally, never seen that happen on a plant before. From what I have seen, is that kind of growth can occur right after topping or femming the plant. Some freakish growth going on there for sure. Hope your plant recovers ok, best of luck.

Comment

• kmh
        kmh commented
        Editing a comment
        These plant were feminized by giving only 6 hr of light back in early June. It took them 8 days to show female. It did set them back next to the other which were feminized. seeds. They are in the same garden as the Perks which are doing great. It is all the Sweet God and none of the Perks. I have not pinched them since they were put in the Garden in mid June. They have not had any fertilizer as they are in good soil and had slow release fertilizer put in the holes. I start early Aug with Miracle-Gro, Ultra Bloom. It has been very dry, so watering has been un-even. Thank god it is raining now

It's either suffered from some light issues, or most likely it's down to genetics of the plant.. It might grow itself out. Or you could just cut off the weird growth and hope it recovers it's normal growing pattern.

Comment

• kmh
        kmh commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought it was the genes, Have never grown this type before.

I would check to see if what I was feeding had any zinc in it. It reminds me of a zinc deficiency! Twisted leaves and stunted growth! Hope this helps, Mega

Comment

What kind of fert are you using? I was trying turkey poop and it was real strong(my bad) and my leaves went weird as well - gotta watch that turkey poop, it's rich -slo

Comment

Working...
        X