Dark orange/brown spots, yellow blotches, dead leaf tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark orange/brown spots, yellow blotches, dead leaf tips

Hey guys, so I picked up this plant from a guy at work. As you can tell it looks to be in bad health. I'm a new grower so please bare with me. He had told me he was using a 3 gallon DWC bucket with GH flora series nutes. I received the plant in a solo cup filled with clay balls and ph'd water for the short drive home. When home I had transplanted her into a 1 gallon pot with fox farms coco loco potting mix with a light nute solution. I use the new botanicare growilla full organic line veg and bud. Nothing appears to be getting much better. The new growth will go about 2 days befor developing what looks like dead spots on the tips. In between the veins of the newer growth is yellowing also. The stems of the larger fan leaves and most affected leaves are also beginning to turn a purple? I watered with a cal-mag 1ml/gallon 2 days ago thinking it could be a mg deficiency. I guess I'm just try'n to see if anyone on here has experienced this or has tips to help. Thanks in advance!!

Slaptaztik

Looks a~little like a potassium deficiency, like shown below. The tips could be nutrient burn. I've got one plant growing now that receives the same amount of nutrients as the others and I still get tips from her like this. I'm still not feeding her more than 1 and a half tps. at 500 PPM, of nutrient, per feeding at 4.5 weeks old. My other plants are fine, just the one is being finicky.

It's a fine line between giving the plant what it needs and over doing it at this early stage of growth. I would watch the pH and make sure your feeding veg nutrients, according to the feeding schedule on the nutrient bottle, your using, usually at half strength, just to be on the safe side. Too much Cal~mag might have messed you up there for a minute, would be my guess. Good Luck.

https://howtogrowmarijuana.com/nutrient-deficiency/

Comment

Thank you so much Blazed!! I did run across a better pic last cruising the internet that suggested a K deficiency. I'm using a new form of all natural nutes. Botanicare "Growilla Veg and for bloom they have Growilla Bud". Can over feeding cal/mag cause a K lockout??

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you know what your pH and temps are? Are you checking ppm before adding nutes? When you water/feed, does the water run out quickly? Do your pots sit in the runoff water?

I'm not 100% sure of the soil temp? I have been watering with ph'd water at 6.4. I measured the runoff last feeding and it was reading right at 6.9-7. I'm not checking the ppm of when I feed because the nutrients are all organic(feather meal, alfalfa meal, seabird guano, langbeinite, fish bone meal, bat guano, kelp meal, oyster shell, volcanic ash, earthworm castings) N-P-K of 5-4-2. When I water, it has good drainage. Let about 30% run off into the sink. Then she goes back into my cabinet. I know that using the full organic nutes the signs of improvement are delayed a bit. I've added some Sweet Myco Tea(beneficial Bacillus, Mycorrhizae, trichoderma) from Supreme Growers, a company here in colorado, to the soil and rootball during the transplant. And water with hygrozyme every other watering. So there is definitely a party in the soil. Haha I gave it a K foiler spray the other night and she perked up a bit. Havnt seen her yet today(gone all day and the lights are off now) but as of last night she was looking a little better considering all the permanent damage some of the leaves.. Is it something like 50% of the leaf is destroyed you should take it off?

Comment

I'm sorry I should have mentioned that I top feed per instructions. It just says to apply an even layer to the top of each plant site every 10-14 days throughout veg. Stop applying a week before bloom cycle begins.

Comment

From the looks of here today she is looking more happy. Perked right up and about an inch or two in new growth since we've seen each other last! I will post pic later when off work.

Comment

So here is some pix of my girl today.

Comment

Working...
            X