the gift horse!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the gift horse!

So, I was talking to a guy and mentioned I'd like to get into clones and lo and behold 3 weeks later he shows p at my door w/3 clones. So now I can experiment, but alas - this morn while checking them with a magnifier I noticed some little black things. Some on the leaves and some under. Got my jewelers eye out and those little spots have fuzzy white legs on them. I did not think of soap and garlic but did have some Organocide 3-1. I spayed them down and we shall see what happens. They say don't look a gift horse in the mouth but damn. I'm just glad they were not in my operation and in another room. So does anyone know what I'm dealing with - no need for a pic they are to tiny to see.

I think my problem is mites as I see some webbing going on. I seem to have two problems actually, one flying and one crawling. The organocide seems to have put a stop on the crawlies and I had an old can of in house bug spray that seems to have rid the plants of flyers. Now for the eggs I will wait a few days and do it again before I place them in "the room". I have a really nice looking train wreck that I'd just as soon not get any bugs as it is real close to flipping. Pepper spray - garlic and soap - neems oil - I didn't have any - good luck on yours - slo

Comment

slo-han go straight to your hydro shop and buy Vitality + and use this and garantee you will get rid of them and unlike other spays you can use it upto a week b4 harvest and also kills eggs which not alot of others do i have used this for past 2 -3 years everytime mites show up. I hope this helps asits the only thing i have found that does excactly what it says on the bottle Lollipop

Comment

Viper mate try putting a layer of perlite on top of your substate anbout quater inch it just stops the Knats laying eggs in soil, also usea few fly papers and within a few days should be sorted mate Lollipop

Comment

I got the Organocide 3 in 1 from my local shop but will search for the other just in case- Thanks for the low down lp

Comment

Wanted to add an update to this thread - I eventually went to neems oil and all is well, the plants are bug free - the vitality + is not around this area - Washington - slo-han

Comment

There is nothing so bad as a gift that keeps on giving! I hate those bugs they just get in everything! One year I noticed that we were smoking the bugs! That was a very long time ago, but I still remember how hard it was to get rid of them. I am glad that we have other methods to kill them now, but back in the day we would try to interrupt the reproductive cycle with a mix of onion juice, garlic juice. I was very pleased with the results you got as long as you stayed on schedule. The same mix is used to lightly mist surface of dirt if it has been outdoors as flies lay eggs! Some of the old time methods do work! Later, MN

Comment

Grandma knew what she was talking about - she had a garlic patch and made juice for the screen door and placed a few cotton balls on the door and soaked them. That bulb is amazing. Between that and crushed egg shells the crawleys didn't have a chance - slo

Comment

A little up date here, Since treating the lil buggers w/neems they have seemingly cleared up and are growing well. Lost a bit of leaf at bottom of plant and assume they were affected by the mites. Lots of new growth w/tight nodes. Had cut off one led but think I will re-introduce it today. Starting to think putting them in direct sun tweeked them - canoeing leaves and that is from to much light and heat. The leaves do that trying to shed the heat I'm told. The new growth is not canoeing so, we will see - slo-han

Comment

Hi there slohan i make it a habit of spaying anything gifted tome now after a few mishaps in the past where good friends have gifted me rare clones but have gifted me more than just the rare clones but also Spider mites and last time afids. Now its just routine too spray anything coming in my garden just tobe safe as prevention is better than cure. Anyway i hope you get it sorted as clones can be the way forward for any gardener willing too put in the time and effort, be lucky stay safe Lollipop

Comment

Good to hear from you lollipop! Sorting this out is a trip man. Went to my garden this morn and every thing was reaching for the lights. Turned on the other led which is predominantly red and this after noon all seem happy. I'm thinking that day in the sun freaked them out. They are uncurling and seem to be stable so gave them some nuets and more light. Was talking with a guy who professes knowledge of this Item and told me to quit worrying about root rot and get the girls on a system. Funny part is the next dude will say "oh hell no"!! I'll get this figured out some day - gaday - slo-han

Comment

Originally posted by slo-han View Post
                        Wanted to add an update to this thread - I eventually went to neems oil and all is well, the plants are bug free - the vitality + is not around this area - Washington - slo-han

Great suggestion.

Regards
                        Rod
                        Zip 420 - Cannabis news & entertainment

Comment

Working...
                        X