Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with new young plants - Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Issue with new young plants - Please help

    Hi all. I've posted this in my diary but thought I would repost it here as I really could do with some help here.

    Top leaves are wrinkled, lower leaves going pale and then blotchy.
    I've checked the pH and it's somewhere between 6.5 and 7.0
    These girls haven't been fed too much, yet there's enough in the soil for it not to be a deficiency. Although it's obviously something.
    Any input would be much appreciated.
    Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment

    More pics below \/ \/

  • #2
    More pictures of it here.....

    Attachment Attachment Attachment

    Comment


    • #3
      I hope you worked it out, sorry I can't really help.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think I'm on it, thanks HG.
        Flushed and repotted and there's new growth that looks ok. It's the same soil I always use so can't work out what went wrong. I think I may have just used some badly mixed soil so there was an excess of something that wasn't well mixed in.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Thinking maybe it was a boron deficiency ??

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the feedback Katzie. Not sure how they could be deficient at such a young age. Especially when using the same soil mix I always use. Am more inclined to think it was a surplus, which can end up resulting in a deficiency.
            The good news is that they are on the up now. Have flushed and repotted. Am about to post some pics on my diary.
            Onwards and upwards eh.

            Comment


            • #7
              what soil mix do you use?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AndinoTech View Post
                what soil mix do you use?
                I use a base of Levingtons and add about 30% perlite or vermiculite, a couple of handfuls of blood/fish/bone, a handful of volcanic minerals, a handful of manure and a handful of tree bark. In the summer when the worms are busy I add a handful of worm castings too.
                I normally make a weaker mix for young'uns but it's only writing this now that I realise these girls may have been put into a stronger mix that was made for the bigger girls. So thanks for the question, I think it's made me realise what went wrong.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It's always good to get to the bottom of it. Even if it is too late!
                  Glad to see that these plants are fixed now. I saw them in your diary. Nice comeback.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X