Please diagnose my babies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please diagnose my babies

My 3 indoor plants (replanted 3 weeks ago into 6gallon pots) all showing same symptoms.
    - They live in DIY soil mix (vegetable soil mix with added sheep manure and worm castings)
    - 18/6 light under 800W LED (3ft away)
    - leaf tips brown, some pointing up, some straight
    - I didn't add any chemical fertilizers
    - I flushed the plants 2 days ago with 2 gallons of filtered water each, still think the yellowing increases!!!!
    Please help!

2016-10-15_07.14.22_tn.JPG
    Attached Files
    nute burn, or some deficiency?

Nutrient burn and if you're using 6 gallon pots you need to do more then just a 2 gallon flush you should use double. It sucks but 12 gallons too flush and then cut your nutes down to half the dosage you were using before.

Comment

• HobbyGardener
      HobbyGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate, I never added any nutes, just plain vegetable mix (soil), worm castings and a bit of sheep manure. Watered with seasol.

a few more photos, might help confirm the diagnose Katzie_Wolf71 thank you

Comment

It does look like nute burn. Maybe the soil is too hot. Is there a lot of sheep shit in it? Is it really well rotted down?
      KAtzie is right. A flush is normally around the volume of the pot you are using. These plants should sort themselves out as they grow. Don't feed until the new growth is clean and green and healthy looking.

Comment

thanks mate, I believe now it's either nute burn or potassium def. whereas logic tells me more likely potassium def, as I only added very little sheep shit, and no other nutes to the soil. Plants have been sitting in it for 3 weeks now. I guess I'll just have to sit it out now. and will flush them again soon

Comment

image_6346.jpg I'm happy to report that at the moment my plants seem to recover, new growth doesn't show yellowing!

I gave them two doses of (diluted) coffee, along with regular feedings with "power feed", "seasol", "plant starter" (indole acid solution), gogo juice and worm wee.
          I also daily spray the plants with the above solution (minus the plant starter, and more diluted of course), for foliar feeding.
          Will leave them on 18/6 light regime for another few weeks (they are 8-9 weeks old clones), to gain some more growth (to pick up the "lost" time while i was fighting those problems).

Cheers everyone for ya help

image_6347.jpg image_6348.jpg

Comment

Hi HG. Watch out for sheep shit. It is an excellent fertilizer but needs to be well rotted down otherwise it can be a bit too hot for them. If it isn't properly aged it will burn your plants..

Comment

Cheers for that Saturnalia, I hope it's sorted now, plants do look much better now.

Comment

Wow set up and plants looks good mate!

Comment

Originally posted by clueless1 View Post
                  Wow set up and plants looks good mate!
                  cheers mate, I flipped them to 12/12 last week, hope to see some buds starting any time soon. I'm so amazed by their size, the largest fan leaf is nearly the size of my hand, and plants are close to 2ft and with lots of potential colas.

Comment

have a look at them!

Comment

Looking great HG! Tell us a little more about your coffee. How diluted? Fresh ground or instant?

Comment

• HobbyGardener
                        HobbyGardener commented
                        Editing a comment
                        thanks Schmokin!
                        This is what I do:
                        Dissolve 10 heaping teaspoons of instant coffee in one cup of boiling water. Let it cool down. Mix it in 1.5 gallons of water (together with the already mixed nutes in it). Water 3 plants, 0.5 gallons each.
                        This was enough to bring down soil pH from approximately 7.2 to 6.8 (give or take) on a short term, but needed repeating every watering.
                        I got a bit slack, so need to do it again as now, after a month, starting to show same symptoms again. So many things I want to do differently next time...

this is where we're at right now

Comment

This was enough to bring down soil pH from approximately 7.2 to 6.8 (give or take) on a short term, but needed repeating every watering.
                        I got a bit slack, so need to do it again as now, after a month, starting to show same symptoms again. So many things I want to do differently next time...

Great tip. Thanks HG. Adding some chipped wood bark or saw dust to your soil mix can also help you to lower pH.

Comment

Working...
                        X