Adjusting ph level for Hydro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting ph level for Hydro

Hey Guys , well I know more now , than my last post . My question is about adjusting the ph in my hydro tank when needed. I read an article on here , and it said to adjust the level slowly , to the desired level , by making a separate solution and adding it to the tank . Can anyone clarify on this subject . I know about ph up , and ph down , but I'm not grasping the making a separate solution , to add to the existing solution to adjust the current ph. Thnks ahead of time for any help .
    Last edited by 2BSelfEfficient; 10-07-2016, 07:57 PM.

2bself, when i need to add water and nutes to my plants, i take a sample from the reservoir and check the ph, then i adjust the ph by adding ph down or up to a gal. of filtered water and add that to the reservoir. then check ph again, i can keep the ph level where i need it and after a while you will know about how much to add each time. hope this helps.
    gary

Comment

yes, some of this is going to be trial and error. The pH down is strong stuff so a little will make a significant change. The pH up is a bit more forgiving-just go easy and allow the mixture to stabilize before adjustments or you'll end up chasing your tail.

Comment

Ok, Thanks Guys. The girls are looking surprisingly good. Small signs of what appeared to be a cal-mag deff on the first leaves . Started adding just little , when I change nutes . Probably just a quarter of the recommended dose , and it's not appearing To get any worse. Just nice and green

Comment

Working...
        X