Weak steam on sproutling.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weak steam on sproutling.

Hey guys new issue. I have two sproutlings one is super strong and growing fine, but the other is small and its stem is super weak to the point it cant stand on its own. The difference is the strong one is being grown in fox farm ocean while the weak one is in a department store potting mix, but im adding foxfarm wholly and big bloom to both of their water. Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it or is it to late?

How old are they?
    Is there an air flow blowing over them?
    Have you given them too much water?

Comment

• Gomaxtreme
      Gomaxtreme commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Schmoklin! They are 12 days old, there is no air flow yet ( Havent gotten around to grabbing one, but definitely high on the list! ) And i don't believe i have, i go about a knuckle deep to see if its moist before i water again, but this is my first time. I have a feeling its just the nutrient in the soil i used for that one.

Comment

When this happened to my first grow I researched "weak sprouts" and finally found a suggestion to use a straw to brace up the stem until it was stronger. I cut a piece of straw to fit, cut down the length of it, opened it up and surrounded the stem with the straw. Worked great!

Comment

Is there already nutes in that potting soil? If so might be too hot for the seedling or maybe a lack of nutes lol ive been lucky and never have a problem with my seedlings dying.

Comment

So let us know how they are going now. They should be lots bigger. Remember not to water them too much and ease of on nutes until they are growing strong. Some air movement is pretty crucial. If budget is a problem then you can get a small PC fan really cheaply. Just to keep the air moving and the stems in motion.

Comment

Working...
          X