Nute Def. vs nute lockout? Indoor led GoBoxnutes w/ FFOF soil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nute Def. vs nute lockout? Indoor led GoBoxnutes w/ FFOF soil

So I was able to get a few plants to flowering stage in a tent set up w/ LED lights. They are in fox farms ocean forest soil and I have been using General Organics Go Box line of organic nutes. I had been feeding them at 1/2 to 1/3 the recommended nutes with every watering before stepping back to nutes every other watering. I saw some early signs of nute deficiency so fed them once with recommended full strength nutes before I realized that I was likely dealing with a lock out rather than a true deficiency. So I just flushed my plants with distilled water. That's about where I'm at. Not quite sure how to proceed but I desperately want to get my plants on the mend as the flowers are looking good. Thanks for any advice/opinions on this...
    Legitimate def or lockout? Legitimate def or lockout?

If you have flushed them well start again with weak nutes after a week or two and gradually build back up. Less is more.
    How hot is the FF soil? I read a lot about it on here but have never used it.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I flushed them with over a gallon of water each, they are in smaller pots. Experience now tells me I should've sized the pots up a bit before I flipped to flower. That was part of the reason why I thought it was important to add liquid nutes in the first place, Bc of the smaller container size. I think I should've erred on the side of caution now and given minimal nute solution espically since they were in good soil. I was concerned that the Ocean Forest soil was too hot for youngins so they were started in seed starter mixed with espoma garden soil. I experimented with adding guano and worm casting but it seemed less exact and measurable then the GoBox line of liquid organic nutes. The plants were a few weeks old before they were put in the Ocean Forest soil, I still noticed some very slight burning but it never spread.

Comment

They haven't really showed me obvious signs of recovering yet although the flowers keep stacking and continue to pack on glitter. I've lost most of the bigger leaves at this point, tiny leaves mostly appear a good shade of green but the brown spots seem to be slowly spreading. There is still a few weeks left, so any advice on nurturing these babies to harvest would be appreciated.

Comment

Looks like you are over feeding.and watering .try using small amounts of carbonated mineral water ,and feed no more than once a week.Good Luck Man.!

Comment

• DnkTnk
            DnkTnk commented
            Editing a comment
            Thx, I've worked most of the kinks out by now, I was using FFOF soil and not flushing sufficiently. I feed significantly less as well. Graduated on to a whole new set of issues, been experimenting w/ cuts and monsters and got lucky w/ bagseeds but need to step up to trusted genetics, hermies and such are a pain when you just do one or two.
        Working...
        X