Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left my plants with my friend for a week and some look a little sick. Help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left my plants with my friend for a week and some look a little sick. Help.

Hi, so I left my plants for my friend to take care off. I came back today and 1 looked really droopy almost dead, a couple of them had their bottom leaves turn yellow and fall off/die,
    one that started flowering has some white spots/holes on the top leaves and the stem of one is looking really purple almost black.
    I have grown them at home indoors for 2-3 weeks before I put them outside.

So what has happened to my poor little girls?

Any help is very appreciated.
    Here's the droopy one that looks almost dead. The other plants of the same strain are not even close to being purple, so is it a deficiency? Here you can see how small it is compared to the others and you can see the yellow leaves on the bottom on the right plant.

They look OK. How has the weather been?
    The wee one looks either thirsty or drowned and hopefully should pick up.
    The one in the last picture looks like it's had a touch of bug trouble.
    You have some pale lower leaves, but the new growth looks fine. I think these plants will pick up a bit after a while.
    I can't see one flowering. Do you have better pictures of the flowers?
    They are both quite small for this time of year. If they are just a couple of weeks old they have been started quite late for outdoor plants. You will get some yield, but next year try to start them a bit earlier if possible.
    Let us know how this turns out. Good luck.

Comment

• Andrizzle
      Andrizzle commented
      Editing a comment
      The weather has been pretty shitty. It's been raining a lot and not been as much sun as it used to be, but the weather is improving. I picked up the little one and the one with the purple stem because they both looked really sad. So I put them in little pots and put them inside to see if I can get them to recover.
      I caught a slug in the process of trying to eat my plants so I flicked it off and but bowls of beer laying around.
      I'm sorry I forgot to say that almost all of them are autos. that are around 5 weeks old.
      I will post pictures of them when I've moved all to the permanent spot.
      Thanks for your help.

If the plants stay in pots then wrapping some copper wire around the pots will keep the slugs out.
    Autos don't respond very well to any set backs and make you pay for it in terms of yield. A lot of outdoor growers are struggling this year with such a shitty summer. I reckon that might be your biggest problem there. All this rain isn't helping anyone....

Comment

Working...
    X