Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is wrong with my girls and how to help them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is wrong with my girls and how to help them?

i'm new to growing, i read a lot on your forums and i think i fixed some problems we had before but now i don't know what to do anymore so please someone help me, i'll give you the background story.
    i grow indoors in a box
    normal soil
    4 - 24 w CFL bulbs
    month and a half old
    water in every 4-5 days until the water is discharged from below
    they had nitrogen deficiency (at least i think so) and because of that i started giving them NPK nutrients slowly, later on new leaves started to show up as yellow with green veins so i started dissolving epson salts in my nutrient solution (nutrients are granules and i dissolve them in water) i think it fixed that problem cause they started to go green again (a bit) but then something happened overnight, leaves started to drool and i thought it was because of overwatering so i decided to not water them for some more time and took them out at sun as i usually do at a daytime, but the problem got even worse, i think it was because of the heat (it's pretty hot in my country right now 35 C daytime 23 C at night) also i didn't have a fan in my box so i think the bulbs overheated it, now i'm giving it a better air circulation and raised the lights higher but it's been 4 days and i don't know if they should be getting stronger already or not, here are the pictures so please help me understand what i'm doing wrong and what should i do
    5 days ago (notice the brown spot on a leaf 5 days ago today

35 is pretty hot, and way too hot to not have any ventilation. I think this was probably your first problem. The leaves do look like they have a mag deficiency which you seem to have diagnosed already. Hang in there though, the plant still looks quite robust. Keep doing what you are doing with better ventilation, cooler temps and just light feed/water and see how they turn out. You're still vegging so there's time for recovery. It's not lost yet. ;-)

Comment

thanks for your respond ! after reading even more on this forum i started looking for gnats, i guess that's one more problem because of no normal ventilation, can the fungus gnats be the reason for dying leaf tips?

Comment

Gnats can generally weaken your plant and leave them open to a variety of diseases and conditions. How are you going to deal with them?

Comment

Working...
        X