First Time Grow. Losing plants.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Grow. Losing plants.

Could use some help with my grow. Plants are about 2 1/2 weeks old. Once they came out of the seeding stage they where nice and green and growing up fine. When I moved them to the permanent grow room they've since grown yellow edges on the leaves and I've lost a few of the plants.. Thought at first the temp in the grow room was too high. ( hit 95 a couple of times, but resolved the temp issue quickly and now it does not go above 85..) Second thought was over watering, so I cut back on the watering times and would only water when the soil felt dry about 1/2 inch down, no change.. Plants are under an LED light which I've adjusted the distance, and times that the lights are on as well. Not sure if the photos' will help with the lighting.. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi jalaska. I would suggest the first two things you have addressed - Temps and overwatering. Give the plants time to recover and get back into their stride.
    Having said that, 85 is still on the warm side. Would be good to lower it a tad more.
    What's in the soil?

Comment

That is what I was wondering. Is the soil the same as before or different?

Comment

78 degrees - room temp / water from the bottom when dry / keep lights constant(same time same distance). MISTAKES MADE - hot soil / lights to close / over water / - just a lil food for thought - slo

Comment

Soil is the Miracle Grow Organic Choice Potting Mix.. ( I did not add any additional material to this mix.. ) I have transplanted a couple of the plants into larger pots that are a mix of the MG organic and MG Perlite,.. This seems to be helping out some as the healthier of the plants has almost no brown left on the leaves and is starting to gain some size. The heat I know is going to be my biggest battle, and I'm trying to come up with inexpensive ways to get fresher / cooler air into the grow room.. Appreciate all the help.

Comment

• SuperCritical
            SuperCritical commented
            Editing a comment
            May i ask what inexpensive way you found for lowering your temp inside the grow room mate??I have the same problem,thanks in advance!

OK. You definitely want to have perlite/vermiculite or something similar in your soil. You want it to be light and airy and with good drainage so that the roots can get some oxygen. Just straight potting mix will compact, holding in all the water and suffocating the roots.
          Glad they are picking up a bit now. Be sure to let them dry out between waterings.

Comment

Working...
          X